Monday, August 21, 2006

Ten years ago

...this month, I moved into my litle condo. Ten years ago I thought this was just a stepping stone to a bigger place with a possible man and family involved.

Oh, how the time's have a changed.

I am quite happy living in my little place in the city with all the freedom in the world. I am also 5 minutes away from everything I desire. Well, almost everything. ;)
For the last 5 or 6 years I have been playing what if.
What if I painted the kitchen celery green?
What if I had my dream aqua bathroom?
What if I had some time, energy and friends to make this happen?

That time was yesterday. Those friends were my Mom and Biff. That bathroom is AQUA with a capital WOW. That kitchen is the zest of a lime.
That dream is a reality.

It did not come easy though. The second I slapped on the first bit of green in the kitchen I thought, "I've made a HUGE mistake." (yes, said in my head in true GOB fashion for you Arrested Development fans)
I calmly walked into my bedroom and began crying. My Mom came in and said what is wrong. I said I hate it. She said you are just going to have to get used to it. You have been seeing white walls in here for ten years. She is right in a way. I think the reaction would have been less if I had not gone so extreme with these colors. They are a "little" "bright". But I guess I let everyone else's opinions of what colors to use drown out my little "let's do a lite celery green and a teeny tiny light aqua".
I'm not unhappy with the decisions I've made, but I did NOT get to ease into the idea of painted walls.
Not. at. all.
No easing. We have dived right in.
Pics to follow. Now I get to accessorize the new bathroom. That's actually the most fun!
Thanks Biff for kicking ass!!!

2 Opinions

Blogger tina nealis said...

oooooooh i love home projects. i can't wait to own a home again. remodeling and decorating is so fun! post pictures already!!! looove the color choices by the way. :o)

10:20 AM  
Blogger Defunct Lisa said...

agreed - LOVE the colors!!!!
once you move out of the college dorm, and rental, white has to GO!! Jump in! its only PAINT!

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home