Friday, April 06, 2007

Sorry little buddy

Sometimes I feel like a God.

Simply because I can look into Dusty's furry little face and I know what is going to happen to him on Tuesday at 3 pm.

He has no idea.

I am the puppet master, I am the fortune teller.
It's going to be a BAD day for him and he sleeps innocently at my feet with no clue.
It's sad really.

He is going to his least favorite place in the whole world. Anywhere but here. I have no idea how I am going to trick him into a carrier this time. It's harder every year. I used to put a treat in the cat carrier and he would run in. Then I had to use real tuna. Then that got old so I put him in the laundry basket and covered it with an old piece of plexiglass I had lying around. (Doesn't everyone have an old piece of plexiglass lying around?) He was doing his mime routine and staring me down.
It was amusing.
The last couple of times I put him in the plastic laundry hamper. This was great fun because I had to trap him like a wild animal and then scoot it up a tad and shove the lid on there. Then flip it right side up and tape it shut. Actually Biff helped me with this manuever. And when I say "helped me" I mean he did it while I cringed in terror.
I don't know if that will work this year but I am going to try it.
Any other suggestions?

2 Opinions

Blogger Defunct Lisa said...

I put the carrier upon the short end; pick up the cat, hold legs, and drop it in. Works everytime.

1:15 PM  
Blogger Paul Genesse said...

Have you considered using hard liquor to make him not care? I've heard cats love fuzzy navels.

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home