Saturday, March 04, 2006

Dumbass

So the other night I am going thru my files playing delete this, delete that and I happen to come across a folder of music that I think is just copies of what I already have. I delete the folder.
I have just deleted all 4,500 plus songs in my iTunes library.
It cost me $99.95 for a Data Rescue disk, $120.00 for an external 80GB hard drive, and hours of pain trying to get it all back to normal.
I'm not done yet, but almost.

5 Opinions

Blogger Brian said...

You might want to think about something like an IPod or some other digital music player also. Big advantage there is, if you get a big enough one, is that it's ANOTHER place to have all your music/data backed up on. Granted, they're muy, muy expensive so your best bang for the buck option there was the external harddrive. Me, I just have another HD installed in my machine and I keep any data I want 'safe' backed up on both.

All that said, you have my condolances. Data recovery is a bitch.

8:21 AM  
Blogger deetour said...

I have a 4GB mini ipod. And now with the back up hard drive, I am good to go.
Thankfully most of what I lost was my OWN CDs that I did have backed up, so today I will be copying them back onto the computer and then saving the whole lot of em onto the back up drive.
FUN!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

Not being a Mac person I don't know if you can do this on there, but on Windows you can set reoccuring tasks, like copying a whole bunch of files from one place to another. I just have it set up to copy everything from my music directory to the other harddrive. Might want to think about something like that.

9:56 AM  
Blogger bri said...

this is why technology in general is not for me.

1:09 PM  
Blogger Stoopidgirl said...

I just shipped off 600+ discs to a friend of mine who will get another 500+ soon who is ripping them and giving me a brand new external harddrive including his already huge collection in exchange and it's not costing me a damn thing....awww yeah.

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home